Thursday, April 2, 2015

If You Can't Beat Them...

As many of you will know, it's the 21st Century, the era of digitilization, a tough time for us old school hold-outs who still love books. Or is it? Now that I have finally decided that the internet is here to stay, I am going to utilize it to promote books and literature. (If only I had thought of this earlier!) Yes, that's right, I am going to harness the tremendous power of YouTube to bring books back into the limelight. Introducing The Book Vlog, on YouTube: where I spend less than 5 minutes every week vlogging about books you should be reading. Cuz if you can't beat them, join them.

Before we begin, keep in mind that the person you are about to see is not a professional actor, it's me. Also, the video is filmed with my Iphone, held in a toaster, which was how I managed to get the best angle (huge points for cinematography.) Having said that, It's about content, right? Good books=good content, or at least am I hoping. Ok, without further ado; The Book Vlog, Episode #1


Ok, so James Earls Jones still has job security... but I made my point, and it was good fun. Just in case I piqued anyone's interest, here are the links to the websites of the five authors we discussed:
Steve Berry's website
Preston & Child
Daniel Silva's website
Jim Satterfield's website
Olen Steinhauer's website
Peter Hogenkamp's website

Cheers.
:)
Peter Hogenkamp is a physician and author living in Rutland, Vermont. Peter's writing credits include ABSOLUTION, the first book of The Jesuit thriller series; THE LAZARUS MANUSCRIPT, a stand-alone medical thriller; and The Intern, a serialized novel based loosely on Peter's internship, published bi-weekly on #Wattpad. Peter can be found on his Author Website as well as his personal blog, PeterHogenkampWrites, where he writes about most anything. Peter is the founder and editor of Prose&Cons; a frequent contributor and reviewer at ReadWave; the founder and moderator of groups on Facebook (The Library), Google+ (Fiction Writers Anonymous); and a Beta-reader at StoryShelter. Peter tweets--against the wishes of his wife and four children--at @phogenkampvt and @theprosecons. He can be reached at peter@peterhogenkamp.com or through his literary agent (Liz Kracht of Kimberely Cameron & Associates) at liz@kimberleycameron.com.